COMMENTATORS: Jim Ross & Paul E. Dangerously
- WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair (?)
- WCW UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: “The Total Package” Lex Luger
- WCW WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION: “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson
- WCW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
- WCW UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Vacant
- WCW WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Ricky Morton, “Wildfire” Tommy Rich, & The Junkyard Dog
- Dustin Rhodes vs. Greg Sawyer (Pro – 3.23.91)
- Big Josh & Tommy Rich vs. Mike Samples & Keith Hart (Pro – 3.23.91)
- Ron Simmons vs. Rip Rogers (Pro – 3.23.91)
- Sting vs. Tom Sawyer (Pro – 3.16.91)
- WRESTLING NEWS NETWORK w/ Gordon Solie
- Barry Windham vs. Tommy Angel (Pro – 3.23.91)
- SUPERBRAWL CONTROL CENTER w/ Gordon Solie
- Brian Pillman vs. Arn Anderson (Pro – 3.23.91)
“The Natural” Dustin Rhodes defeated Greg Sawyer via pinfall with the Bulldog (2:36)
- Ross hypes tomorrow night’s Omni show, plus tonight’s World Championship Wrestling which will feature Ric Flair vs. Brian Pillman in a non-title match as well as Dustin Rhodes vs. Larry Zbyszko. Dangerously says Rhodes is just holding out for more money by not joining The York Foundation yet.
- Rhodes gets the Bulldog after Sawyer missed a corner splash, giving it a “from outta nowhere” feel.
-Ross and Dangerously talk about tomorrow’s night lumberjack match at the Omni between Ron Simmons and Butch Reed. What happens if One Man Gang and/or Kevin Sullivan are lumberjacks? WHAT ABOUT IT?
Big Josh & “Wildfire” Tommy Rich defeated Mike Samples & Keith Hart when Josh pinned Samples after the Butt Drop (3:01)
- Josh stiffed the hell out of Samples once got the hot tag in this one. Rich still has amnesia and doesn’t remember he’s 1/3 of the Six-Man Tag Team Champions.
-Ross says Josh & Rich could be considered contenders for the vacant United States Tag Team Titles. Dangerously disagrees, saying it should be The Fabulous Freebirds. Ross says The Young Pistols should also be considered. FORESHADOWING.
–Ron Simmons defeated Rip Rogers via pinfall with a spinebuster (1:24)
- POST-MATCH: Butch Reed runs in and the former Doom teammates brawl all around the arena, including the crowd.
-Also happening tomorrow at the Omni: Sting & El Gigante vs. Ric Flair & Barry Windham.
Sting defeated Tom Sawyer via submission with the Scorpion Death Lock (2:20)
- Sawyer attacks Sting from behind, and that’s about all the offense he gets.
-WRESTLING NEWS NETWORK: Gordon Solie takes it to video of Owen Hart’s match from last week’s episode of Pro against Keith Stark (WCW’s Keith Hart). We got the whole squash. Solie then takes it to post-double DQ footage of Big Van Vader and Stan Hansen at WrestleWar ’91 back in February. Then we get footage of Nikita Koloff attacking Lex Luger at the same show. OH MY GOD WE GET IT.
Barry Windham defeated Tommy Angel via pinfall with the Superplex (4:05)
-SUPERBRAWL CONTROL CENTER: Gordon Solie pulling double duty this week in front of that green screen. Solie calls this the biggest PPV event in the history of pro wrestling, and gives the date and venue. Solie says two teams have been selected to fight for the vacant United States Tag Team Championship: The Young Pistols and The Fabulous Freebirds. Pistols cut a promo about it, as well as the Freebirds’ road boss Big Daddy Dink (who vows that the Freebirds will be the CHAM-PEENS). Solie also announces Arn Anderson vs. Bobby Eaton for the Television Title, Ricky Morton vs. Dan Spivey, and Big Josh vs. Larry Zbyszko.
“The Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko defeated Thad Clark via pinfall with a crucifix (1:28)
“Flyin” Brian Pillman defeated “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson via DQ when Sid Vicious interfered (3:01)
- PILLMAN INJURY ALERT: the shoulder brace is here.
- POST-MATCH: Sid and Anderson continue the attack, focusing on the shoulder, until Big Josh, Tommy Rich, and Dustin Rhodes make the save.
- RATING: *1/2
-Ross an Dangerously hype the big Omni show as well as tonight’s episode of World Championship Wrestling. Ross asks if Dangerously has anything planned for Missy Hyatt, Dangerously goes off and that’s the show.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Recycled content as always on Power Hour but the SuperBrawl Control Center was cool as they actually announced a whole lot of matches for their PPV next month, or at least more than I was expecting. Weird that Solie was the one to talk about the US Tag Team Title match though; figured they would have had Grizzly Smith announce it since he spent all of last week saying he was going to.